Our urban Unitarian Universalist community celebrates and SUPPORTS ONE ANOTHER on our SPIRITUAL AND ETHICAL paths. We work for JUSTICE, dignity and respect for the web of life.
We, the members of First Unitarian Church of Cincinnati, promise one another to work together toward achieving these objectives:
Celebrating Our Community
- To nurture a caring and welcoming community.
- To seek more diversity in our community and to expect every church committee to promote inclusion.
- To empower congregants to make a difference in the life of the church.
- To explore weeknight activities that build community and facilitate committee work.
- To encourage all congregants to participate actively in membership growth.
- To put into place an ongoing communications strategy for membership growth.
- To build and maintain warm cooperative relationships with Unitarian Universalist churches locally, regionally and continentally.
Seeking Our Spiritual and Ethical Paths
- To reach out to persons looking for a religious community like ours.
- To encourage congregants to be open to ideas and philosophies different from their own.
- To provide high-quality religious/ethical education for children, youth and adults in the congregation and the community.
- To renovate our building so that it enhances our worship, honors our history and welcomes all.
- To enrich our own spiritual experience with a diversified arts program.
Working for Justice
- To explore the responsibilities of being an urban Unitarian Universalist church in the 21st century.
- To focus on social justice programs where we can be most effective.
- To live in harmony with nature, recognizing the interconnectedness of all life.