Welcome to Family Faith Development at First Unitarian Church!
If you would like to learn more about Family Faith Development's philosophy and policies, make sure to check out our overview. To learn more about this year's programming be sure to take a look at our prospectus. Below, you will find a description of what each of our programs will be exploring week-to-week, as well as a list of upcoming events and opportunities.
In faith and service,- Meredith Plummer, Director of Lifespan Faith Development
Sundays, Summer 2022
- Infant through Preschool: Ms. Amber is fostering fun and friendship downstairs, in room 2 - join her for some self directed discovery this winter! Beanbags, Music, and Books - Oh My!
- Kindergarten through 5th Grade: Ms. Kymm is exploring ethics and empathy, in room 1 - join her for CartUUns! This curriculum uses animated shorts from Pixar and Disney, and an accompanying activity, to facilitate discussion around values, ethics, and feelings.
- Jr. High & Sr. High: Mr. Stephen is creating connections and community around the art wall - join him in UUVille! This curriculum uses role-play to get youth thinking and discussing big ideas and UU values.
Upcoming and Ongoing Opportunities
Tell me, how would your youth like to...
* Earn Service Hours
* Learn Organizational Skills
* Have Weekly Fun With Friends
* Enjoy A Free Lunch
* Earn A $50 Gift Card to a Store of Their Choosing!*
Then, you should sign them up to help out with the Summer Cleanout of RE Spaces - Wednesdays from 11 AM to 3 PM!
You can sign up now at: https://tinyurl.com/2p8d7ahd
Please note, in accordance with our safe congregation guidelines, a minimum of TWO youth must sign up and show up each Wednesday (no youth will be permitted to volunteer alone). So, you may want to coordinate with other families.
*Gift Card only available to those who volunteer 3 Wednesdays this Summer.
Dads are big deals. That's why, this coming Father's Day, Sunday, June 19, 2022, First Church wants to honor all the father and father figures in our lives (single moms, dads, step-dads, grandpas, uncles, brothers, non-binary relations, and found family) by sharing memories of those here and gone.
DLFD Summer Hours
Beloveds, the past two summers I have taken extended time off, per my contract. However, as my hours will increase in FY23, I will not be taking an extended leave this summer. Instead, I will use my remaining PTO for FY22 to take a ten day vacation, June 16 through 26, after which I will return with reduced hours through July. How much I will be working week to week is still unknown. Doubtless, my hours will vary. However, you can count on me to be at church Wednesdays and Sundays through the summer.